4.1 Creative Assignment

            
  
                                   ⬆
This is a piece of artwork that I stumbled upon in the hallways of TC.  I had never visited the office of external affairs and was entirely surprised when I came across a few large scale artworks hanging in the hallway as if it were an art gallery!  After a bit of brainstorming... here are two ideas about where I could take this image artistically:

1.  My first idea came quickly.  So many parts and pieces to this work inspire me to entirely deconstruct this piece and then put it back together in a way that is unrecognizable.  Changing not only composition, but aspects like color and size as well.

2.  My second idea focuses on honing in on a small portion of this artwork and transforming it using digital drawing and photo collage tools.

After talking to a friend about both of these ideas, I decided that the second option would be best.  I really enjoyed the digital drawing and collage aspect of our last assignment and this option would give me the opportunity to experiment further with it.  As you can see above, the black arrow points to the section of the painting that I chose to hone in on and transform!


Take a look at how I transformed this section of the artwork into a bizarre being posing for a photo!

Comments

Popular Posts