10.2 Stop Motion Animation Process

My process was quite simple... first I needed an idea!  I surveyed my apartment for useful trinkets.  My charming fish magnets quickly became the stars of my movie!  Next I needed a setting.  No better place than the heart of my apartment... the living room mantle.    
  
Characters: fish refrigerator magnets

Setting: the mantle filled with trinkets and souvenirs 

Without hesitation I was hit with a storyline!  A lost fish magnet must brave the journey across the obstacle-filled mantle in order to reunite with his fishy friends!  AND ACTION...

Slowly but surely I moved centimeter by centimeter snapping pictures of the fish using the Stop Motion App as it traveled across the mantle.  It was slow and tedious as I balanced the fish atop trinkets and things, relying heavily on the "ghosting" feature of the app.  

As a finishing touch, I added a quirky written title and ending.

Voila! Stop-motion is simple and easy on the Stop-Motion iPhone App :)    


Comments

  1. This stop motion animation was so meticulous, and beautiful, I am sure you were satisfied once you were done! I love the idea of using every day material and create a little journey around your room. This would be such a fun project for students to think about journeys, as well as stop motion. Students can use an object they have and create a real, or imagined journey of this object to get somewhere. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts