15.3 What I have Learned...

I think it is safe to say that I have become really great at taking "selfies" over the course of this semester.  Through the use of this blog, I have been able to document and shed light on my own creative processes while at the same time discovering real world applications for the work that we have done in class.  Although some topics were more difficult than others... I worked through each process with the help of my classmates in order to gain a better understanding of each material and process.  The documentation of work on my blog has also made me aware of how important it is to be able to explain your process.  Being accountable for weekly posts eliminated careless and cutting corners.

I am leaving this semester with a much deeper understanding of technology in the classroom.  Topics like Scanography, Stop-motion animation, and Digital Painting have really resonated with me as an educator.  I have already been envisioning useful applications for these materials in my future classroom.  The projects that accompanied each topic showed me how these materials can be used to explore a sense of identity.  I really love how each student can end up with such a different outcome that is so uniquely them.  In that moment when you allow for complete creative freedom, you realize the possibilities to each materiel is endless.  Students today are growing up in an increasingly digital world- this class has showed me the importance of reflecting digital technologies in today's classroom curriculum.  And how relevant these technologies can be in the art making process.


I think I successfully met my learning objectives:
1. Gain a higher level of comfort with digital media and technologies - and how to incorporate them into my own art and classroom teachings    ✅  I feel very confident in my abilities to bring these tools into my own classroom space - I have a much higher level of competency in digital media after participating and exploring over the course of this semester!
2.  Experiment further with photo manipulation   ✅ Photo shop and the Adobe applications used to intimidate me.  Now I enjoy exploring and playing to create things using these tools.  I especially love the user friendly apps that allow for digital painting on the go!
3.  Use a 3-D printer!   ✅ Although it was brief, I can check this off my list!  I would love to revisit this topic because it still scares me a little- 3-D modeling on the computer was brand new for me. I love the idea of taking some 2-D and being able to transform it into something tangible and 3-D.  Using the laser cutter was also another tool I never thought I would use, and now I feel fairly comfortable with it!  Big steps for me!
4.  Come up with creative ways to use these technologies with young children in the art classroom      My final project is a testament to this!  I have also been brainstorming ways to use these technologies with my students!  It is a challenge with such young children, but it can definitely be done in age appropriate ways.




Comments

Popular Posts